We work with a diverse range of voluntary/community groups in Dacorum. Whether you are wanting to set up a new voluntary/community group or have been established for a number of years, our development support service can provide you with information and advice to help you achieve your aims such as...
- Choosing an appropriate legal structure for your group.
- Support in developing business plans and setting the strategic direction for your group.
- Help to put in place appropriate policies and procedures that facilitate your work so that your group is operating legally.
- Health and safety advice and risk assessments.
- Developing appropriate safeguarding policies and procedures
- Funding Advice
- Charity Law
- Employment Law
- Fundraising/Community Events
- Exploring the Social Enterprise Model
When members are in need of specialist advice/help we have an extensive database of other agencies who can provide further assistance and refer our members on as appropriate.We work with our members to help them develop new initiatives and link them with other local groups interested in or carrying out similar work.
Community Action Dacorum delivers a range of training activities which include themes such as writing funding applications, first aid, charity law, roles and responsibilities of trustees, safeguarding and health and safety with the aim of helping local develop and build the capacity of their staff, volunteers and service users.
We regularly consult with our members on what their development needs are and endeavour to put in place activities that support these needs.
Community Action Dacorum is an active member of the Herts Training and Development Consortium and works in close partnership with HTDC members and colleagues from the Herts CVS group to deliver skills advice and training to voluntary/community groups. If you have a particular training need or want to find out more about voluntary sector training please contact Helen Mutio.
For development support and advice please call 01442 253935